Site Rental Manager
Supervisor: Executive Director
- Develop plans for marketing Historic Spanish Point as a site with multiple event rental spaces. Identify market segments. Develop specific plans for reaching each market segment.
- Develop detailed sales process for moving inquiries through to contracted sales.
- Implement sales process in customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Network with wedding, meeting and event planners, destination management companies, rental companies, photographers, florists, hair salons, etc. to promote Historic Spanish Point for weddings, corporate events, photo shoots, etc.
- Meet with rental prospects and give tours.
- Negotiate contracts with rental clients making sure they are aware they must keep the facility advised of all plans, vendors, musicians, and décor needs and requests.
- Negotiate commission fee arrangements with vendors.
- Develop incentive plans for vendors.
- Maintain preferred vendor list.
- Represent organization at chambers of commerce, Visit Sarasota, wedding fairs, etc.
- Identify customer needs and create added-value service products to meet those needs—e.g., upgraded bridal suite, use of Magic launch.
- Create and distribute promotional materials to rental prospects and referral sources.
- As necessary, be present for rental and other special Historic Spanish Point events.
- Assist board, staff and volunteers in planning and executing special Historic Spanish Point events—e.g., annual luncheon, Party at the Point.
Supervision of Others:
- Staff positions: Event management specialist.
- Manages interns periodically.
- Interest in and conviction to the mission, vision, and philosophy of Historic Spanish Point.
- Experience in event sales marketing and management.
- Prior experience in hospitality a plus.
- Supervisory and team management experience. Ability to motivate, supervise, and work cooperatively and effectively with staff and volunteers. Commitment to a team approach and effective use of volunteers.
- Strong written and oral skills using various media for communicating with diverse audiences.
- Ability to relate well and establish rapid rapport with a wide variety of people using initiative and diplomatic assertiveness.
- Ability to work with both long- and short-term deadlines and to establish effective timelines for accomplishing long-range goals.
- Bachelor’s degree, or comparable experience
- Computer literacy (Raisers Edge, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher), project planning software, customer relationship software (CRM)
This is a professional position that requires a flexible work schedule. The average number of hours worked each week will be 40, although some weeks will be more and some less.
One mobile phone line and new telephone every two years, plus local travel at applicable US government mileage reimbursement rate and pre-approved out of town travel consistent with current Gulf Coast Heritage Association policies.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer 2017 Museum Education Internship
Historic Spanish Point, a 30 acre museum and archaeological site in Osprey, FL, seeks a summer intern to support the coordination of Museum programs and operations. Historic Spanish Point offers visitors the opportunity to enhance their appreciation of early Florida history beginning with Florida’s prehistory through the turn of the 20th century. In its educational programming, Historic Spanish Point offers tours for the general public and groups, summer camp, school tours, adult programs, family programs, and various other educational opportunities.
The primary responsibility of the Education intern will be to assist the Youth and Family Program Coordinator with managing summer camp and serve as lead counselor for The Summer Adventure Camps. The summer camps are a fun and interactive approach to Florida History. Campers learn about Florida nature and the environment, archaeology, prehistory, and pioneer life. The Education intern will be an active team member of the staff at Historic Spanish Point. The Education intern works with and reports to the Youth and Family Program Coordinator.
June 5-August 4: 10 week internship
Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. Some flexibility in hours will be required.
- Beginning in late May, prep lessons and materials for the Adventure Camps
- Update and further develop Camps to be age-appropriate for ages 6-11 and connects to Historic Spanish Point’s mission.
- Coordinate pre and post camp procedures including surveys, images, update camp lessons, etc.
- Coordinate all aspects of the two camps including purchasing supplies and coordinating logistics.
- Actively participate and contribute in counselor training, policy, and procedures coordination, etc. as needed.
- Serve as Lead Counselor for Adventure Camps and collaboratively works with co-counselors at all camps.
- Attend training sessions and ongoing program meetings as scheduled.
- Perform other tasks as needed
- Degree, working toward a degree, and/or comparable experience in museum education, museum studies education, history, or a related field.
- Prior experience working with elementary school age children
- Prior experience teaching at a summer camp, museum, classroom, and/or other informal educational setting required.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, and an attitude of respect for working with divers children, families, museum staff, and museum visitors.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to think on one’s feet, including the ability to anticipate, react, and respond, professionally to the needs of campers and parents.
- Self-motivated and must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and be willing to assist with all aspects of working in a mid-sized museum.
- Prior experience leading tours, or otherwise possess public speaking skills a plus
- Knowledge of Southwest coastal Florida history a plus
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, and Publisher), knowledge of databases and office equipment
- Strength, dexterity, and mobility to perform all duties (to include some light lifting and walking)
$2,000 Stipend to be paid in four installments of $500 June 16, June 30, July 14, and July 31
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com