Throughout the year, the museum is open 9AM – 5PM Monday-Saturday and from noon – 5PM on Sunday. Final ticket sales are at 4PM. Admission to the 30-acre outdoor museum is free for members. You may join our membership or purchase tickets in the Visitors Center, which is open free of charge and includes an orientation video, museum store, and restrooms.
Historic Spanish Point members, free*
Members accompanying guests, $5.00
Other adults and children ages 13 and up, $12.00
Seniors 65 and older, $10.00
Children 5-12, $5.00
Children younger than 5, free
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover and always appreciate cash payments.
*Historic Spanish Point Members are asked to stop at the Visitors Center to receive a parking pass and admission sticker.
MAKE YOUR PLANS:
- So you can explore all 30 acres of this beautiful outdoor museum, we do not issue tickets after 4 p.m., and we close our site gates promptly at 5 p.m. Generally, we recommend you allow a full two hours for your visit.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and appropriate clothing. We also suggest you wear sunscreen.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are welcome, but please keep in mind that some of our paths are made of crushed shell, so sturdy wheels are advised. (Call ahead to 941-966-5214 x2100 to request one of our two wheelchairs, if you need one.)
- Historic Spanish Point is a smoke-free environment.
- Well-behaved, leashed dogs are always welcome on the property during regular museum hours, but are not permitted inside our buildings or on our trams. Please bring water for your furry friend.
- Please keep to the designated paths.
- Picnic tables are available, so bring a lunch or snack!
- Because Historic Spanish Point is an environmental museum as well as an archaeological site, we invite you to take many photos and leave only footprints.
Docent-Guided Walking Tours (no additional charge) — Allow at least two hours for a tour. Call ahead to 941-966-5214, x2100 for schedules of our tour dates and times.
Self-Guided Exploration — Our brochure-map, available at the Visitors Center, makes self touring easy. There is a lot to see and do here; explore at your own pace!
Continuous-Loop Trams — These trams runs from November 1 through March 31.
Docent-Guided Tram Tours — For visitors who can’t easily walk the mile-long tour, a tram tour is available byadvance reservation. There is still some moderate walking involved, and passengers will want to climb on and off at certain points of the tour as appropriate. (The tram tour is not recommended for people in wheelchairs. However, our paths can accommodate most sturdy wheelchairs and electric carts.) Tram tours (for up to seven guests per tram, seats available on a first-come, first-served basis) must be reserved at least two days in advance. The cost for non members is regular admission plus $3.00. Members pay the $3.00 per person tram fee, only. Please call 941-966-5214, x2100 for reservations.
Docent-Guided Group Tours — Available by previous arrangement (at least two weeks in advance) for groups of 15 or more at a discounted rate of $9 per person. Trams are available at $14 per tram. For more information, please contact Tracey Viviano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-966-5214, x2850. You also may download our Historic Spanish Point Group Tour Reservation Form.
Commercial Photographers, Videographers, and all Media are asked to contact the museum prior to site access. There will be a charge for images used for profit, this includes music videos, photo shoots for portfolios, and other restrictions. Please call 941-966-5214, x2950 or x2300 to inquire.