VISIT US AT
Historic Spanish Point
Historic Spanish Point is located at:
337 N Tamiami Trail, Osprey, Fl 34229
Once visitors arrive on site, they will be directed to our Visitor’s Center to purchase admission and receive a map and parking pass before entering the Historic site.
Monday – Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Last tickets for admission are sold at 4 p.m. daily.
We recommend that visitors who opt for self-guided tours give themselves at least two hours to leisurely enjoy all the 30-acre site has to offer. Admission tickets are valid for the full day of purchase, allowing visitors to leave for lunch and return.
The site closes at 5 p.m., so please plan accordingly!
Adults: $12 per person
Seniors (65+): $10 per person
Children (Ages 5-12): $5 per person
Children (under age 5): Free
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover and always appreciate cash payments.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and appropriate clothing. We also suggest you wear sunscreen.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are welcome, but please keep in mind that some of our paths are made of crushed shell, so sturdy wheels are advised. (Call ahead to 941-966-5214 x2100 to request one of our two wheelchairs, if you need one.)
- Historic Spanish Point is a smoke-free environment.
- Well-behaved, leashed dogs are always welcome on the property during regular museum hours, but are not permitted inside our buildings or on our trams. Please bring water for your furry friend.
- Please keep to the designated paths.
- Picnic tables are available, so bring a lunch or snack!
- Because Historic Spanish Point is an environmental museum as well as an archaeological site, we invite you to take many photos and leave only footprints.
Historic Spanish Point offers a variety of ways to experience our site through tour options.
Self-Guided: Available every day. Visitors take a walking tour of the site at their own speed using a provided map and learn as they go through site-wide interpretive signs.
Docent-Guided Walking Tours: Offered based on docent availability. These tours do not require advance reservations, but may not be offered on all days or at all times. If a tour is available, visitors may sign up while purchasing their admission tickets at the front desk.
Daily Tram Tours: If walking the site seems daunting, this may be the tour for you. These docent-led tours require advance reservations, so please call ahead to book a spot on a tour.
Continuous Tram Loop (offered November 1st through March 31st): During our peak season, tram drivers are available on site to help transport visitors around the site, reducing the amount of walking necessary. These are NOT docent-led tours, but simply transportation between stops.
Group Tours: For groups, we require two-weeks advance reservation in order to prepare accommodations. Please call ahead to reserve this tour.
For more information or to book tours, please call (941) 966 – 5214.