H I S T O R I C S P A N I S H P O I N T I S W H E R E
All the good dogs go
With its spectacular views and meandering pathways, Historic Spanish Point offers visitors a chance to enhance their own experience and bring their dogs to enjoy the grounds every day. You and your favorite four-legged friend can enjoy the shade, peace and quiet that the site offers. Historic Spanish Point is an ideal place to spend time, with lots of shade to keep canine friends cool and comfortable. All well-behaved dogs on leashes are welcome. We are committed to making sure your visit with your dog is enjoyable.
You and your fellow dog lovers can explore the 30-acre outdoor museum with your best four-legged furry friends. Stroll shaded nature trails and take in beautiful views of Little Sarasota Bay. (See Rules of Responsible Pet Ownership below.) Become a Member and enjoy free admission for you and your dog for a full year.
Also bring the family to Read with the Dogs at the Osprey Public Library at Historic Spanish Point on the third Saturday morning each month. Suncoast Humane Society pet-therapy teams will be here 10AM – 11AM so your children can read aloud with the specially trained and delightfully calm dogs. This free program is open to the public.
Rules of Responsible Dog Ownership
- Rules apply to all dogs visiting Historic Spanish Point
- Please keep your dog on a 6’ non-retractable leash.
- Bring water for your dog and yourself or buy water in the Museum Store before you go out on site.
- Only bring dogs that have up-to-date vaccinations.
- Clean up after your pet.
- Stay on the paths.
- Do not leave your dog in your car, as the temperature inside rises quickly