V I S I T U S A T
Historic Spanish Point
Historic Spanish Point is located at: 337 N Tamiami Trail, Osprey, Fl 34229
Once visitors arrive on site, they will be directed to our Visitor’s Center to purchase admission and receive a map and parking pass before entering the Historic site.
Monday – Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Last tickets for admission are sold at 4 p.m. daily.
We recommend that visitors who opt for self-guided tours give themselves at least two hours to leisurely enjoy all the 30-acre site has to offer. Admission tickets are valid for the full day of purchase, allowing visitors to leave for lunch and return. The site closes at 5 p.m., so please plan accordingly!
Adults: $15 per person
Seniors (65+): $12 per person
Children (Ages 5-12): $7 per person
Children (under age 5): Free
Active Duty Military and Veterans with a CAC Card or VA card: $12 per person
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover and always appreciate cash payments.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and appropriate clothing. We also suggest you wear sunscreen.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are welcome, but please keep in mind that some of our paths are made of crushed shell, so sturdy wheels are advised. (Call ahead to 941-966-5214 x2100 to request one of our two wheelchairs, if you need one.)
- Historic Spanish Point is a smoke-free environment.
- Well-behaved, leashed dogs are always welcome on the property during regular museum hours, but are not permitted inside our buildings or on our trams. Please bring water for your furry friend. Find more on our “Pets at the Point” page.
- Please keep to the designated paths.
- Picnic tables are available, so bring a lunch or snack!
- Because Historic Spanish Point is an environmental museum as well as an archaeological site, we invite you to take many photos and leave only footprints
Historic Spanish Point offers a variety of ways to experience our site through tour options.
Self-Guided: Available every day. Visitors take a walking tour of the site at their own speed using a provided map and learn as they go through site-wide interpretive signs.
Docent-Guided Walking Tours: Offered based on docent availability. These tours do not require advance reservations, but may not be offered on all days or at all times. If a tour is available, visitors may sign up while purchasing their admission tickets at the front desk.
Daily Tram Tours: If walking the site seems daunting, this may be the tour for you. These docent-led tours require advance reservations, so please call ahead to book a spot on a tour.
Continuous Tram Loop (offered November 1st through March 31st): During our peak season, tram drivers are available on site to help transport visitors around the site, reducing the amount of walking necessary. These are NOT docent-led tours, but simply transportation between stops.
Group Tours: For groups, we require
For more information or to book tours, please call (941) 966 – 5214.